The mindfulness and meditation classes and workshops are based on the 8-week Stress Reduction Program, founded in 1979 by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. All workshops and sessions are individually tailored to meet the specific needs of each group.
8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Classes
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Understanding stress reactivity and learning stress resilience and stress hardiness
- Practices to cultivate kindness and self-compassion
- Bringing mindfulness to interpersonal communication and relationships
- Daily home assignments (practice time of 45 minutes a day is expected)
- Home practice CDs and a home practice manual
The fee for the 8-week class (24 hours of instruction) is $500.
Pre-requisite: You must attend the Free Introduction to Mindfulness class, at which you can meet the instructor(s) and sign up for this program.
If you have a group of friends or co-workers that you would like to practice with, single or multiple sessions for small or large groups can be arranged.
Special lunch-time or after-hours programs help with the work-place stress to help employees with greater clarity of thought and balance to increase productivity and effectiveness of employees at work.